Last week I announced that we’ll be running a new Intention Experiment on July 13 – this time, to see if we can use intention to clean up polluted water. Thank you all for your wonderful ideas about where we can use the power of our collective intention in real life.
After we test this experiment in a controlled way in a laboratory setting, we’ll try it out on a real body of water. But in order to provide evidence that our intention actually can clean up water, we need first to demonstrate this scientifically, with Dr. Gary Schwartz and his University of Arizona team.
Our web team at Copper Strings, who handled our Peace Intention Experiment last September, are busy assembling a separate landing page for our experiment. As with our earlier experiments, our June 13 experiment will not take place on our website (www.theintentionexperiment.com), but will have a separate landing page to go to, in order to ease the huge traffic we’ll experience on the day.
The team are also working on a separate registration area so that we will won’t have the log-jam that we have faced in the past.
So in order to participate, you will need to register again – on this new mini site. Next week I’ll explain exactly what to do and how to register.
Remember: we’re asking you to register again because this is a scientific experiment. Our scientific team at the University of Arizona need to know exactly how many are participating. Otherwise, we can’t quantify our success.
Here are a baker’s dozen of steps you’ll have to take in order to take part in this historic event.
1. REGISTER on the new landing pages, as soon they are ready. Everyone who registers will receive additional information about how to take part.
2. FILL OUT THE SHORT SURVEY. After registering, you will be asked to fill out a short survey. This survey will ask you a few basic questions, such as the country you’re from, whether you’re a regular meditator, whether you follow The Intention Experiment’s Powering Up program, etc. These questions are purely for our scientific team, who wish to have some basic demographics about our participants. We won’t be asking anything personal, and we won’t share your data with anyone else.
3. MARK DOWN THE DATE on your calendar and in your diary. Allow at least 40 minutes or more – 15 minutes of coming on early, 10 minutes preparing, and 10 minutes for the experiment. Also allow for a few minutes more to blog with our community about your experience.
4. CHECK OUT the time in your local time zone and WRITE IT DOWN NOW. Remember: all of us need to participate at the same moment, and the experiment will only run for 20 minutes. It’s really important that you know exactly when it is running in your time zone.
In past experiments, many people have got the time wrong, and missed the experiment.
The Clean Water Experiment will be running on June 13, 2009 at 4 pm Greenwich Mean time.
That’s the same time as:
9 am US Pacific DST
10 am US Mountain DST
11 am Central DST
12 noon Eastern DST
5 pm British Summer Time
6 pm rest of Western Europe
2 am Sydney, Australia (sorry, Ozzies)
For other time zones, click on this website, which will help you convert to your own time zone.
5. TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW about the Clean Water Experiment, and ask to take part. As with the Peace Intention Experiment, we’d like a large body of participants we can to maximize our effect.
6. BUY OR BORROW my book, The Intention Experiment. Reading my book is not a condition of participating. Nevertheless, it will help you to participate more fully. It provides the fullest explanation of the power of intention and my POWERING UP program, the most complete program of how to do intention, distilled from evidence I gathered from a wide variety of intention masters. Buying my book also helps to defray any costs of these experiments.
7. PRACTICE POWERING UP. Once you register, you’ll also receive information from me about how to practice intention — the right mind and emotional states, the right time and place — so that you have time to practice. The sooner you register, the more time you’ll learn how to do intention.
8. GET YOUR COMPUTER READY a few days before the event. Ensure that you have access to it at least a half hour to 15 minutes before we’re due to start.
9. ON THE DAY OF THE EXPERIMENT, SIGN IN EARLY — at least 15 minutes beforehand. If you participated in earlier experiments, you recall that we were victims of our own success – so many people tried to participate that it was sometimes difficult to access the landing pages.
Last time, our web team worked on a means of controlling the flipping of pages on our Peace Intention Experiment portal website pages, and staggering timings by a few seconds between the various participants, so that our site wouldn’t be overwhelmed by traffic. It ended up working well across the week. They’ll be doing something similar here, so that we don’t overwhelm the site.
10. READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. After signing in you’ll be sent to the first page of the experiment. Read the instructions, which will tell you to start powering up. Get into your meditative state and hold it, in readiness for the start of the experiment.
11. FOCUS ON THE INTENTION TARGET. After 5-10 minutes, you’ll be directed to the experiment page. Only at that point will we show you the Intention Experiment target, which will be a sample of water. We’ll also reveal at that time the exact intention we’d like you to send for exactly 10 minutes. PLEASE FOCUS YOUR THOUGHTS ONLY AND ENTIRELY ON THAT PARTICULAR BODY OF WATER. In future, we’ll try intention experiments with ‘real’ bodies of water, which pollution problems. For now, you can help most by joining everyone else with the exact same thought.
During the 10 minutes of the experiment, our website will play Choku Rei, the famous Reiki chant by Jonathan Goldman that we have used for all our experiments.
12. SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES. Immediately after the experiment, there will be a link for you to return to our Social Community (www.theintentionexperiment.ning.com), where you can share with others your immediate reactions and sensations.
13. TELL US HOW IT WAS FOR YOU. After the experiment, I will ask you to fill out a short survey, similar to the survey I used for the Peace Intention Experiment, asking if your life has changed in any way after the experiment. This questionnaire also helps me and my scientists in our research. Again, we won’t be asking personal questions.
While you await the creation of our new registration form, please tell everyone you know to register on our website (www.theintentionexperiment.com) to receive all the latest information about this and other Intention Experiments.
In the meantime, share with me below your intention of the week. What Intention do you wish to hold for your life this week?
Sign up and receive FREE GIFTS including The Power of Eight® handbook and a special video from Lynne!