With less than three weeks to go before we launch our first ever Peace Intention Experiment, I thought I should give you some basic instructions.
The Peace Intention Experiment will begin running on September 14 and will run for one week. It will run at the same time every day:
- 7 am Hawaiian Daylight Savings Time
- 9 am California Daylight Savings Time
- 10 am Mountain Daylight Savings Time
- 11 am Central DST
- 12 noon Eastern DST
- 5 pm British Summer Time
- 6 pm European Summer Time
- 2 am Sydney and Melbourne
For all other time zones corresponding with 4 pm Greenwich Mean Time, click here.
Here’s how to participate:
- REGISTER on our home page: www.thepeaceintentionexperiment.com. The most important first step is to register so that we know exactly how many people are participating every day.
- WAIT for our instructions, which will be sent you by email. If you don’t get instructions by September 7, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll give you some exercises to do to become practiced at intention.
- READ The Intention Experiment, by Lynne McTaggart, if you’d like the full information about the science of intention and how to master intention. Note: you don’t have to buy the book to participate, but doing so helps you to become an intention master. It also helps us to defray the costs involved in setting up a scientific experiment and the enormous web bandwidth involved.
- COMMENT ON THIS SITE. Tell us your views about this project! You’ll be joining with the thousands of others around the world who looking forward to participating.
- WRITE DOWN the new website address. We’ve created special web pages for the experiment that are NOT on this website, so that we can cope with the huge traffic expected throughout the week.
- MAKE NOTE of the right time zone corresponding with 12 noon Eastern Daylight Savings Time (or 4 pm Greenwich Mean Time). That’s the time you’ll send intention each day that you can participate throughout the week.
- PLAN to spend 10 minutes sending intention during that period, plus the time preparing to POWER UP.
On September 14, and every day thereafter through September 21:
- COME ONTO THE NEW SITE 15 minutes or more before the experiment begins.
- LOGON WITH YOUR PASSWORD. We need you to register/logon every single time, so we can track exactly who is participating.
- IF YOU PLAN TO PARTICIPATE WITH A GROUP, make sure all of you sign in. We’re arranged it so you can all sign on the same computer.
- FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS on the pages, which will automatically flip forward so that you are in synch with everyone.
Immediately after the experiment each day:
Please try to make the effort to participate every day. I am trying to keep a critical mass of at least 7000 people on the site every day.
If you can’t participate every day, come on every day that you can. Remember, you’ll need to put your password in on our special Peace Intention Experiment website in order to get through to the site, so we’ll be counting our participants every day.