I’m going to make a personal disclosure so that you don’t accuse me of speaking in self-interest. If Donald Trump becomes President, I will personally benefit.
The taxes on my American corporation will be lower, meaning there will be greater profits for us and more money to pay our team.
If Obamacare is repealed, I won’t have to pay for it anymore, as I have done in prior years, even though I live in the UK, pay for British private medical insurance here AND toward the National Health Service, and even though no one in my family benefits from the Affordable Care Act.
So this is not about self-interest or sour grapes. I’m not batting for Hillary Clinton.
I’m batting for the preservation of democracy. I’m calling on every single American, Republican or Democrat, to stop sleepwalking or bemoaning the Trump’s latest outrageous act, and demand a postponement of the Electoral College until there is a full investigation of this election.
Here are 5 reasons why:
- Russian President Vladimir Putin himself ordered the cyber-hack into Democratic committee emails to influence the outcome of the election in Trump’s favor and to destabilize US influence around the world. The entire US intelligence community has confirmed this ‘with a great deal of confidence.’ So how far did this go? Did Trump know?
- Voting in some of the crucial swing states suddenly didn’t work. On November 8, 87 per cent of optical scanner voting machines happened to ‘break’ in Detroit, the blackest city in America, where 82.7 per cent of the population is African-American. That represents 59 per cent of all voting machines in the city. If they’d been counted, would Trump have won Michigan, a critical swing state? See this: http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/jim-crow-in-michigan-87-vote-machines-broke-in-americas-blackest-city-on-election-day/443.
- A massive amount of exit poll discrepancies strongly point to classic vote-count rigging. See this in-depth analysis: http://www.opednews.com/articles/7/U-S-2016-Unadjusted-Exit-by-Ron-Baiman-2016-Elections_Exit-Polls-161208-153.html
- The latest evidence about the FBI and the late October ‘surprise’ over Clinton’s emails shows possible collusion between FBI agents and Donald Trump’s closest confidante.
A Huffington Post article by a criminal attorney outlines all the evidence for this, most particularly Rudi Giuliani’s own admission on a radio show that certain FBI agents, frustrated that Clinton wasn’t being prosecuted over emailgate, had illegally leaked this information to him about Clinton prior to it being public and had planned to leak it anyway.
- The search warrant setting off the late October investigation may have triggered by a false lead. Randol Schoenberg, a Los Angeles attorney best known for fighting to reclaim Jewish owned art stolen by the Nazis, is now asking a New York City judge to release the search warrant requested by the FBI for access to Huma Abedin’s emails on her husband’s computer in order to determine whether, as Schoenberg says, “someone in the Manhattan orbit of then-candidate Donald Trump may have provided a false lead to the FBI” in order to secure the warrant.
To date, the FBI has refused to turn over the search warrant, even though disclosure of it is mandated under the Freedom of Information Act. The judge has now announced that he may release the search warrant in its entirety prior to the meeting of the Electoral College on Monday, December 19, which suggests that he understands the warrant’s potential political relevance.
‘If this is traced back to Donald Trump, it might be cause for impeachment,’ Schoenberg wrote on his blog. ‘It deserves to be investigated fully and openly, and quickly because if a crime was committed in the course of the FBI investigation, it is the crime of the century.”
- Trump has not yet answered how he is going to avoid violating the Constitution’s ‘emolument clause,’ an impeachable offense. Article 1, section 9, clause 8 says that no elected official can take an ‘emolument’ of ‘any kind whatsoever’ from a king, prince or foreign state. An emolument is defined as ‘a salary, fee or profit.’ The restriction, known as “the Emoluments Clause,” is intended to prevent political officials from receiving gifts from foreign governments.
Trump has a big stake in one business underwritten by a loan from the Chinese government, millions of dollars invested in buildings in Saudi Arabia. Foreign officials wanting to curry favor with him are staying at his hotels. He was supposed to have a press conference earlier this week to explain exactly how he was going to extricate himself from any conflict of interest, but canceled it at the last minute and hasn’t rescheduled it, meaning he’s likely not to answer the question before the Electoral College meets to vote.
As the 19th century French political commentator Alexis de Tocqueville once wrote: “When an opinion has taken root in a democracy and established itself in the minds of the majority, it afterward persists by itself, needing no effort to maintain it since no one attacks it. Those who at first rejected it as false come in the end to adopt it as accepted, and even those who still at the bottom of their hearts oppose it keep their views to themselves, taking great care to avoid a dangerous and futile contest.”
Democracy gets eroded quickly, one rigged vote at a time. A rigged election must never be the new normal.
If you’d like to demand that the Electoral College vote be postponed until the investigation is completed, write to Senator John McCain (who is heading the investigation into the Russian cyberhacks) https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact-form
Or Nancy Pelosi, the head of the Democrats in Congress: http://www.democraticleader.gov/contact-us
Stephen Dinan, head of the Shift Network and author of Sacred America, Sacred World also recommends that you:
Organize for Dec. 19th in state capitols–(www.saveourdemocracy.com)
Sign the following petition to members of Congress: https://www.electiondefense.org/sign-the-election-reform-petition-2/
Convince your state electors to demand the investigation be completed before the vote is counted (www.hamiltonelectors.com)
And yes, I’d be urging you to do the same if we were talking about the Democrats rigging the system.